Entry into Ghana
These are the requirements for entry into Ghana at any point of entry.
- Valid passport with 6 or more months before expiration.
- Proof of a Yellow Fever vaccination.
- All non-ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States) citizens require a visa for entry. Under most circumstances, visas for entry into Ghana must be obtained from the Ghanaian embassy nearest to your country of residence.
- There are single-entry visas, which are usually valid for entry up to 3 months from the date of issue.
- The multiple-entry visas allow any number of entries into Ghana for various time periods from the date of issue, or to the date of your passport expiration, whichever occurs first.
Both types of visas are valid for a stay of up to 3 months in Ghana, after which a visa extension should be obtained at the Ghana Immigration Service office. There is an immigration office in each of the regional capitals as well as other major cities. The Ghana Immigration Service in Accra is located on John Hammond Road at Ako Adjei Interchange. Extensions take time, so give them a couple of weeks unless you intend to pay for expedited service.
Please visit the following websites for more information.
What to Pack for Ghana
The following is a typical list of what might be required while you are in Ghana. If you are not traveling in a private car, then be certain to pack light.
Photography & Videography Ghana
Like everywhere, photography in Ghana is about catching a good subject at the correct time, from the correct vantage and in the correct light. When photographing in Ghana, the main problems you will have are the sun, which is rather harsh at mid-day, and the dust.
Here are some important travel photography tips that are useful for Ghana.
The National Museum
The Art Center
Phone, Computer, Appliances
Helpful information about electrical, cellular and wireless networks in Ghana.